Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Time is flyin' by....

I give up on trying to move this down where I am talking about it...so here it is in the wrong place!

Easter with our house in the background
Madeline enjoying her peas
Before I went down the Siberia Bowl and heard a pop!!
It has been a long time since my last post. Truth is, I sit down to upload pictures and something else gets in the way. Here goes the recap....Matt graduated from Top Gun in March and the family had a much needed vacation together in Squaw Valley, CA. On St. Patty's Day, I tore my ACL on the Siberia Bowl at 8200 ft without any influence of green beer. We headed home and had a nice couple weeks of family and rehab time. The Kave's came to visit and we had a great time with them...it was too short!




Matt headed to the USS Truman for 3 weeks and Mom drove down to take care of the kids while I underwent ACL reconstruction on April 29th and I am now recovering well from that. The girls had a great time with Mom. Grandma and Aunt Wanda came to visit me for my 30th birthday. It was great showing them around here and watching the girls interact with them. I hope they all return sometime soon. My 20 +10 Birthday
Crippled with my sweet lil girl

Matt's best friend came to visit us for the Beaufort Air Show. Ben is the #7 jet, flies around VIPs (unfortunately I did not meet the celebrity status) and is the narrator for the Blue Angels this year. He will be the #6 jet for the next 2 years. It was great catching up with him and watching the Blues fly over Beaufort. We are very proud of Benny!




Now we are looking forward to a long Memorial Day weekend together. It will be spent buying a mini-van. I do admit that I was not ready for that chapter in my life until I rode in one with my gimp leg and it was heavenly. The room in the minivan is what I have been dreaming about on the long trips home. I must say, I am ready minivan...bring it on!


Matt heads out in early June aboard the USS Truman again for a month. We hope to visit Natural Bridge and Lexington during his absence. That's my last several months in a nutshell...hope not to be gone for this long again! Don't hold your breath!

No comments: