Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Where did summer go?


It has been a busy couple of months for the Kave family!  The girls and I spent most of June back home in Virginia while Matt studied and worked on getting closer to his "murder board" for Top Gun.   We were fortunate enough to attend family weddings and see friends and family that we have so deeply missed.  Being surrounded by cousins and grandparents was such a gift and one that I have been missing since the day our plane left for the West coast again.



We took our first tent camping trip as a family in late July.  It was so much fun to just sit and roast marshmallows and not have a care in the world.  This is what I love about camping!  With no threat of rain here in the "oasis of the high desert", Matt and I were able to gaze at the stars until we fell asleep each night in the tent!  It is truly amazing how beautiful our sky is at night with nothing in sight but the stars and the milky way!  The girls had a blast and we are already looking forward to our next adventure outdoors..which brings me to my next point.....





After many years of wishing, hoping, and wanting, we finally got a boat!  Life in Fallon just got so much sweeter after bringing home OUR boat and taking it out for our maiden voyage.  Sunday was all smiles as we cruised around the Lake with our family and rode tubes and wakeboards!  Summers will be forever changed in the Kave household!  We are not looking forward to this boating year to end!




Fast forward to August.....  Matt is now "murder board" complete and we are so thankful for that chapter of Top Gun to close.  We are looking forward to spending time with Brian and Vickie in September and enjoying some much needed time off with family!  Alison starts full day kindergarten on August 24th and I am not sure how I feel about my baby leaving me 5 days a week!  Madeline will go to preschool twice a week and I will continue to volunteer one day a week at the Navy Marine Corps Relief Society!  Time really does fly!

So as summer winds down, I will complete my first triathlon!  Matt has an Olympic Triathlon this weekend in Folsom, CA followed by my Sprint Tri here in Fallon the following weekend.  Here's to hoping I am still alive and can walk after the 20th!  I am really looking forward to crossing that finish line but my nerves are currently getting the best of me!  I will try to post an update after all of it is said and done!

Hope you all enjoy the pics and update of our last few months.  Miss all of Y'ALL!





No comments: